The coming year is likely to be extremely busy for the organisation as it adjusts to the new environment and deals with the ongoing consequences of COVID-19. It will be important that the Annual Plans over the next few years remain flexible to accommodate what are likely to remain very volatile environments for the sector and country as a whole. We are, however, in the advantageous position of having agreed funding programmes for the majority of our 2020-23 strategy and our focus will remain on the delivery of these. Despite the volatility, we know the aims of our strategy remain relevant post-COVID-19.
The Next 18 Months
- The launch of our first Impact Report in Spring 2021.
- The development of the organisation’s social investment strategy.
- Further fundraising for the Heritage Impact Fund and the roll out of new funds in Northern Ireland.
- Delivery of grant funding programmes across England, Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland.
- Interim evaluation findings of the first year of the Transforming Places through Heritage programme.
- The first full year of delivery for the Open High Streets capacity building programme.
- Refocusing the fundraising plan for the organisation in the new funding environment post-COVID-19.
- Further reviews of the organisation against the Charity Governance Code, including a review of the diversity principle.